Monday, June 25, 2007

"THE MOMENTS"

"THE MOMENTS"

Sometimes I wonder if its for the moments that we live for....
Our thoughts wander from state of extreme happinees to that of extreme sadness...
How can we be so happy in that single span of time and be equally sad in the next.....
Is not the state of hapiness even going to be long lasting?.....Ofcourse I have heard them say...without sadness .......we would not value happinees.......but then I do not want to be sad......I do not want to be troubled.....is that too much to ask for in life.....?
So it brings me back to where we say.......will we be awarded only snippets of this emotion where we have to make most of the little time we are given this happiness....
And we live on and on forever....with memoirs of these moments which will one day just pass by us by and we will never be able to re-live.....


But then I look back n peek into my past… through the window of my thoughts… about those moments- those shining magical moments … moments when I was happy… I can count those moments on my finger tips… what happened to the remaining time… were they not good enuf? Or is it that I cudn't convert em into memorable ones… tht I failed to realize the magic tht was within those moments… the happiness tht they contained… what happened to the remaining moments??

A seed transforms itself into a plant… then a tree… with branches… leaves… n thn some flowers… some fruits… it's because of the roots, the trunk, the branches, the leaves, thorns that the tree manages to give birth to those b'ful flowers… those delicious fruits… we see only those b'ful flowers, those fruits n not the roots, the trunk, those branches… not the whole tree… we just thnk abt the flowers n the fruits… the flowers manage to face the sun b'coz of the tree's roots, it's trunk, it's branches…

Those flowers, those fruits are those shining, magical moments… n that tree is the life tht we live…
How can I thnk n pray for flowers only, wen I know tht without the whole tree, they are nothing…
I shud rather try to collect as many flowers as I could, as many shining magical moments as I cud- so tht one day wen my hairs will become grey, wen I'll become old, wen I'll peek into the window of my past n try to recollect, try to see the tree- the whole tree- the roots within, the trunk, the branches, the leaves, the thorns n of course those b'ful flowers- the fruits… the image should leave a smile on my face- should make me proud!

If i manage to do that, i'll be one successful man!!!

3 comments:

Asif H Siddiqui said...

half of this piece of writing- the part in blue- was written by a friend 'n' sent to me to complete it...

Meens said...

u.......... r really.............
hmmmmmm.......... something....
No words.... to define

MindSpace...... said...

Hey Asif,
Penning down thoughts is not a easy task.You are too good man......................Jus cary on......You will one day write books everlasting...........And Keep reading....