Monday, June 25, 2007

! The Battle within- a debate- "To Be or Not To Be" !

Hi!! I'm a part of you, a very integral part! I'm the one who makes you think what you think… I'm the one who makes you do things… the one who makes you write something… the one who helps you know what you want to know… I'm the one who makes you design what you design… who helps you to arrive at a solution to any given problem… I'm the one who calculates the profit 'n' the loss… I'm an integral part of you- I'm your "MIND"!!

And I'm your "HEART"- I'm the one behind all your unreasonable actions… I make you feel what you feel- I'm the one who makes you emote… I'm the one who makes you smile- who makes you cry… I make you do all the righteous things- to make others smile… I'm the one who makes you sing songs… I'm the one who makes you think beyond the numbers 'n' figures… I'm the one who makes you love what you love… I'm your "HEART"!! without me you can only survive, you can't live your life!! So then pay heed n listen to me… coz I'm your well wisher!!

But what is it that you want to tell me… why are you here- the two of you??

Well we were having an argument when suddenly we saw on the screen some words- "TO BE OR NOT TO BE"… so we're here to tell you what's good 'n' what's not… to tell you what u shud do 'n' what you shud not!!

Well then go on… I'm listening!!

Well , I'm your mind 'n' my calculations 'n' my logical thinking tells me to "stay away"… too much risk… too much suffering… too much pain… it's like following a mirage, don't you think so?? It's too vague a picture to fight for… you'll end up hurting yourself… so then STAY AWAY!!

Hmmm… well I don't agree! What's it that's certain?? What's it that's sure?? Well nothing actually!! I know that the picture is still not clear- but that's b'coz of the fears 'n' doubts you've b'coz of your calculations… Don't you think that it's worth fighting for?? There's risk 'n' there's gain… only those who kill their fears, doubts & follow their heart, manage to realize their dream/s… their aim/s… so believe in your dreams 'n' go for it… Do try!!

Haah!! Crap!! Don't listen to him… I'm your well wisher… huh! Big words, Big dreams… open your eyes 'n' face the truth- face the reality!! Listen to me- no need to take risks… I don't want you to hurt your self… take the safer path… follow me! There's so much pain- thorns ‘n’ only thorns! Listen to me ‘n’ end it right here!! Forget about your dream- it’s like chasing a mirage- you can never reach it, my dear! You've hurt yourself once- ‘n’ you don't want to repeat your mistakes… you are wise enough to learn from your mistakes… You don't want to hurt yourself?? Do you??

You can't just sit there 'n' wait for something extra-ordinary to happen- some magic- something b'ful!! Life aint like that… you'll have to make efforts to realize your dreams… I don't want you to regret later on that you didn't try… that you didn't put in enough efforts!! I'm not telling you that you'll realize your dream- you may ‘n’ you may not!!

"Braving the miseries of life is more noble than shutting yourself up in silence.
The moth that flutters round the fire until its own death is more admirable than the mole who lives in a dark tunnel"

Can't you see, can't you feel this something in you?? Don’t you think that it’s worth fighting for?? Life aint just about numbers ‘n’ figures- they sure are important, but don't let this feeling die in you… Just believe in it, 'n' fight!... listen to this voice that's within you ‘n’ try ‘n’ hope ‘n’ fight… it's worth fighting for!! Don't you think so?? Don't you believe?? Don't you??


And so the argument goes on ‘n’ on ‘n’ on… 'n' the confusion multiplies!!

Sometimes my heart wins the battle 'n' sometimes my mind manages to convince me by giving me numbers 'n' figures- frightens me, discourages me against it…

The dream is still there somewhere…
And so I wonder- "to be or not to be"!!!

Life goes on……….

1 comment:

sujit said...

Everyone would always like to listen to his or her heart, but we being mortals its not always possible. Its all about the moment. I believe that MOMENT or time is responsible for every action of ours. Brain and heart just play thier roles the way they should :-)