Monday, June 25, 2007

"a gift- an invisible chain"

I was thinking what should I give you on your first B’day, my little one. I thought a lot and finally this is what I’m sending your way… some words… some thoughts… “an invisible chain”… too bad that you don’t u’stnd the language I speak ‘n’ I have forgotten the language that you u’stnd/ speak- that is the “language of innocence”! But on the other hand I feel it’s good that you are still pure, that you don’t u’stnd the language this world speaks…

Long ago when I was very small, I used to get frightened by the things I haven't seen or experienced… something invisible… I created some images in my mind… why 'n' how I don't know… we all have certain images in our mind that we fear… One day while I was sleeping something woke me up… I don't know whether it was a "dream" or "reality"… but I woke up terrified coz I saw those images… I closed my eyes 'n' started praying to my Creator… After a while I gathered some courage 'n' opened my eyes… only to find a beautiful little fairy looking at me… smiling… she then asked me what is it that you fear, my little one? What is it that makes you shiver, my little one?? I said, I know not! But there's something there in the dark that stares at me all the time… the fairy smiled 'n' waved her magic wand in the air… She then gave me one invisible chain 'n' made me wear it around my neck… "Now onwards there'll always be one angel to protect you from those things/images that you fear… As long as you wear this chain 'n' believe in it's power nothing can harm you in any way"… And so she disappeared into the nothingness wherefrom she emerged… that day onwards I never saw those images again… I never feared anything, for I believed in whatever the fairy told me… I believed!!

Now I know what that invisible chain was all about… that little chain is the chain of trust… a circle of trust in the Oneness of Allah- the Almighty Creator… As long as you trust in Him, nothing can harm you, my little one…

On your first B’day, I am sending you that very "Invisible chain", the fairy gifted me… Wear it 'n' face the world fearlessly… May you be one warrior of light 'n' may you be able to fight what you must fight…

2 comments:

Asif H Siddiqui said...

this is something that i wrote for my nephew on his first B'day...

Anonymous said...

very beautifull words!! marvelous...
Keep writing!!