Wednesday, July 16, 2008

…The “b’ful illusion” that is “life”…

Sometime back I went to Dehradoon/Masoori on a vacation… stayed there at a friend’s place- Hasan… It was a b’ful trip… we went to a number of unexplored places… I heard a lot about Sahastradhara ‘n’ so I went there- but after reaching there I realized it’s not that great a place… We took the ropeway ‘n’ went to the top of the mountain in a trolley… It was a nicely developed spot- the view from the top is still fresh in my memory… After getting off the trolley, we were told to go through one tunnel… At first I couldn’t u’stand… the guy at the entrance of the tunnel then pressed one button ‘n’ the tunnel started to rotate around its central axis… there was a bridge at the centre of the tunnel which was static unlike the tunnel… ‘n’ we were told to use that bridge to go through the tunnel… On the inner surface of the tunnel there were some spiral neon lights in different colors… The moment I entered, I felt as if the bridge is also started rotating with the tunnel which was not the case… it was weird! I tried hard to concentrate but I just couldn’t… ‘n’ so I grabbed the handrail of the bridge so as to save myself from falling down the bridge… It was an illusion- just an illusion! My eyes saw it ‘n’ sent a signal to my mind which instantly told me to grab the rails to save myself… it was as if someone programmed my mind for some time ‘n’ I was being controlled by my mind… I knew it wasn’t happening ‘n’ that it was just an illusion ‘n’ still I couldn’t save myself from that fabulous “illusion”… Just to experiment, I closed my eyes ‘n’ after sometime it was back to normal… that illusion was gone… I couldn’t sense that illusion anymore… my mind couldn’t sense it… It was amazing… I smiled thinking about the illusion!
You are in a desert… thirsty… very thirsty… looking for some water to quench your thirst… you’re tired- almost dead ‘n’ then a miracle happens… You see some water at a distance… You smile ‘n’ gather all your strength ‘n’ start moving towards it… you walk ‘n’ then start running… you run ‘n’ run ‘n’ run… but you just can’t reach it… you just fail to cover the distance… the distance b’win you ‘n’ your “aim”… ‘n’ then the water disappears ‘n’ you realize it’s a “mirage”- no real water- just an illusion…
You’re disappointed… thirsty… you feel cheated, dejected… there you are left alone… again… in the desert… probably to go after some other “mirage”- some other “illusion”… with a hope of course…
Why did He create these illusions? To show us His strength? To tell us that He runs things here? And that we are mere spectators ‘n’ actors following His instructions ‘n’ that too without having any idea what’s there in the script of life- that He’s the Director- the Creator of the show…
Is life really w’ful or is it just an illusion… a series of illusions??? What then is reality??? Is there anything real??? Do we really exist??? Does anything exist???
It sure is an “illusion”… this life- this world ‘n’ everything in it… It’s just a creation of my mind… a mind created by the Ultimate Creator- The Creator of all… It’s very much like a game that I have to play ‘n’ in the end there’s one gift that awaits me… The quality of the outcome that is the gift depends on how well I play this game… How well I u’stand the rules of the game-o-life… How much I score… how many levels I clear within the “allotted time”… the path I take to reach there…
I hear the tick tock of the ticking crocodile swallowing these magical moments one by one… coming towards me… to swallow me as well… in the end… for a new beginning… hopefully…
It sure is an illusion- a “mirage”!!!
“All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players… 
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts… ”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, great experience

Shweta said...

Life isn't an illusion... Its wonderful...in every sense of the word!!! And I bet u'll have to agree to this soon.... Hold ur breath and keep a watch.. :)

Unknown said...

why not enjoy this illusion n live through it...
enjoy life its wonderful